March 26, 2014

Dating Dave

Dave and I quickly became each other’s best friends … and then more than that!


That summer, we were each other’s dates to many friends’ weddings. We went bowling and miniature golfing and took picnics. We spent time at the beach. Dave also knew that I loved plays, so we went to see “The Screwtape Letters” by C.S. Lewis. What a great show!

Near the end of summer, we said “I love you” for the first time. And, about a week or so after that …

… I came down with mono!

Ugh.

The following three weeks were agony. I wanted to see Dave, but I didn’t want him to see me like that! I couldn’t stay awake for very long, and even talking and eating were exhausting. I had the most horrible sore throat, too. Dave stopped by and dropped off a care package for me—including throat lozenges and “The Princess Bride” (the perfect movie to watch when you’re sick!). Mono was the sickest I’ve ever been.

When I was well enough, Dave took me to a local fair. I was thrilled to get out of the house and even more excited to see Dave! I was still pretty weak, but Dave took good care of me. That fall, we watched baseball and hockey games (which Dave patiently explained to me so I could understand what was happening!).

And we spent time getting to know each other’s families. Read about our engagement story here!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment