My Movie Shelf
As part of my spring cleaning, I cut back on the number of DVDs I own. I only kept my very favorite movies. These are the ones that made the cut:
- The Princess Bride – Dave gave me this classic when we were dating. I had come down with mono, and this is a great “sick” movie.
- Tangled – “Frying pans. Who knew, right?” Best Disney movie. Ever.
- October Baby – I cried. Both times I saw this in theatres.
- Father of the Bride I & II – Hilarity. Pure hilarity!
- Pride and Prejudice (2005) – A quick version of the classic tale by Jane Austen.
- Pride and Prejudice (1995) – The much better (and longer!) version.
- The Young Victoria – I LOVE this movie. I feel like it’s such an undiscovered secret. If you haven’t seen this yet, watch it!
- Jane Eyre (2006) – Best version of this story I’ve ever seen on film. Brilliant adaptation!
- Persuasion (1995) – Gotta love the “letter scene” in this one!
- Persuasion (2007) – A bit more drawn out, but I love the way the story is told.
- Sense & Sensibility (2008) – This story is awesome! Another Jane Austen classic. Noticing a trend here? :)
- Pirates of Penzance (1983) – This movie has some of the greatest soprano singing I’ve heard.
- The Scrat Pack – Features my favorite animated character, Scrat (from Ice Age).
- The Emperor’s New Groove – This movie is too funny. Seriously.