June 5, 2014

Finding the Lovely

I think most people these days fancy themselves photographers.

I'm no expert, but I do like how a camera lens helps me sometimes to see and notice beauty in places I had not seen it before. Take this picture, for example. I snapped it years ago on a walk around my neighborhood, and it's still one of my absolute favorites:


That bee happened to hover in exactly the right spot for this gorgeous and colorful photo. Normally, my reaction is to get away from bees -- bumblebees or otherwise! If I hadn't had my camera with me, I likely would have picked up my pace and walked quickly by.

But I saw the scene through a different lens: colorful, vibrant ... and lovely.

It's amazing how a change in perspective can so wholly alter your experience of something, isn't it? Do what you can to find the "lovely" in your circumstances, surroundings, and life today.

No comments:

Post a Comment