June 7, 2014

Vacation: Part 1

About two weeks ago, Dave and I strapped ourselves into my little car ... and hit the road.

VACATION!!!


First stop? Chicago!

Dave expertly plotted our travels via train, so we traversed the sprawling city without having to bother with trying to find parking. Woohoo! Also, being transported by train is fun! (Can you see the excitement on our faces?!)


It was Dave's first visit to the Shedd Aquarium ... and I hadn't been there in 8 years. The giant water- and creature-filled exhibits did not disappoint! Here are a couple of snapshots from our time there:

Chillin'.

Dave, "having a whale of a time."

The "Windy City" sure lived up to its reputation while we were there, too!  :D  Notice our jackets, which were sorely needed in the cool, strong breeze. And, of course, our wild wind-tossed hair!


I love vacationing with my best friend.

Next, it was off to The Field Museum. We couldn't help but gawk at the GIANT dinosaur right inside the front entrance! This is Dave looking "afraid" of the T-Rex:


And this is me really excited about our final sightseeing (and tasting!) destination in Chicago: The Cheesecake Factory! I have heard legends of the creamy cheesecake concoctions within. I opted to try the turtle cheesecake. And you know what? It was the best cheesecake I ever had!


But that only covers the first few days of our vacation. Stay tuned for part 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment