July 19, 2014

The Cure for Hiccups

I don't know about you, but I've tried a lot of hiccup "remedies" over the years, and some of them are pretty strange.

Now, I am no scientist, but I can tell you that I finally found a hiccup remedy that works flawlessly for me. I've shared this cure with other hiccup sufferers, too, and it's worked for every one of them so far as well!

So, next time you get stuck with a bad case of the hiccups, give this a try:

Pick long words that you know and spell them backwards out loud. 

To make things easier, I recommend starting with names of states, like California, Connecticut, Delaware, Oklahoma, Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming, etc. On the spot, think of as many names of U.S. states as you can ... and spell them backwards out loud (no cheating by reading the letters off of a page!).

Let me know if it works for you or someone you know!

2 comments:

  1. So tonight I had the hiccups, not cut little ones.big loud ones! So I tried what you suggested and it worked. I was amazed because I struggled to be able think backwards. Thanks for the solution

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad it worked for you, too! Thanks for letting me know how it went. :D

      Delete