August 26, 2014

What's Your Vision? Here's Mine.

A coworker recently asked me, “What’s your vision?”

She wanted me to respond with an email explaining what I believe is the most important thing I can accomplish in my lifetime. (Talk about a big question!)

I thought what I ended up writing might be worth sharing here:

“Well, I’ll try to keep my answer brief (although I could go on for pages and pages about this!).

I am very passionate about making a difference in three areas, which I call 'my trifecta': evangelism, human trafficking, and orphans/kids in general.

Sharing Jesus’ love is my first priority. The most important thing I can accomplish in my lifetime is honoring God with my life and pointing people to Jesus. Ultimately, if I help meet people’s physical/emotional needs but neglect to share about Christ and the true spiritual reality of our lives, I haven’t done anything but make a person more comfortable on their way to an eternity separated from God. And I refuse to live with that. But ideally, I like to do BOTH—sharing Jesus’ love and showing it in practical ways by meeting people’s needs.”

How about you? What’s your passion or vision? Where you do most want to make a difference in the world?

No comments:

Post a Comment