March 24, 2015

My April Poetry Challenge!

Did you know that April is National Poetry Month?

Well, I'm going to do something here on my blog next month that I've never done before. I've set a goal of writing and posting a new poem EVERY DAY during the month of April. But I need your help! I'm in need of some great poem prompt ideas! Share yours in a comment below.

To whet your appetite, here's are two bonus poems that I wrote a while back that I haven't shared with you yet.


Death Sonnet

When death like shadowed curtain falls
And casts its doom upon my face
I can’t resist its urgent calls
To follow to that unknown place.

The breath of life death slowly steals
And covers sight with jet-black ink.
The warmth of joy death does not feel
Of evil work alone it thinks.

As poison counts the beats of heart
So death will take its time to kill.
It will in due time play its part
In making life turn cold and still.

Now, death will not sit by and wait
For me to set the time and date.


Penguin Poem

Slipping, sliding
Splash!
A cold belly-flop

Soaring, spinning
A flight under the waves

Deep, cool
Breezes float past my ear

A flutter of feathers
The water drops splatter and
cool to ice
on the white ground

Long waddle-walks
And a lifetime
of penguin praise to the Maker.

No comments:

Post a Comment