April 16, 2015

More Than A Picture


Looking at this picture, 
What would you guess about our story?
A picture is like a tiny gem
That doesn't reveal the whole quarry.

This picture doesn't tell you
That we met through online dating
Or that Dave plays hockey
But I hate roller and ice skating.

It doesn't whisper that I had mono
only six months before
Or that I would soon find out
That Dave sometimes snores.

A photo also can't capture
How we fell in love
And how Dave's weird and my weird
Go better together than a hand and a glove.

But you probably can see
That I found the love of my life
And that I'm so excited
To be his wife!



This poem is part of my April Poetry Challenge. In honor of National Poetry Month this year, I'm writing lots of poetry and posting a new poem every day in April! Read more of my poetry here.

No comments:

Post a Comment