April 2, 2015

Why I Should Have a Pet Bat

I think I should have a bat
It would be much better than a cat
He could sleep while I'm at school
And after dinner play on the piano stool

Say goodbye to mosquitoes and flies
They're his food and favorite prize!
I read in class that a bat's poop is great
at fertilizing, so Mom, your garden would look first-rate!

And at night when I'm in my room
What fun it would be to see him zoom
Winging in circles above my head
As I drift off to sleep in my bed.

Besides, you know my plan to become Batman
And who could train me better than a bat can?



This poem is part of my April Poetry Challenge. In honor of National Poetry Month this year, I'm writing lots of poetry and posting a new poem every day in April! Read more of my poetry here.

No comments:

Post a Comment