May 12, 2015

#22by30

I wrote a while back about my struggle with anxiety, and I started taking medication to help manage my anxiety back in 2014. However, one of the possible side effects of the medication I’m taking is weight gain … and I’ve gained weight. A lot of weight.

I’d like to reverse that trend, and I know it isn’t going to be easy. And that’s why I’m reaching out to you, readers, to help hold me accountable to the new goal I’m setting.  :)  I’ve decided to set my goal to get healthier and lose some weight based on Body Mass Index (BMI).

My current BMI: 27
My goal BMI: 22

A score of 22 would put me in the middle of a healthy weight range for my height. I know it will take some time, especially fighting against my weight-gaining tendencies on this anxiety medication, but I’ve set a goal I think is reasonable.

I’d like to reach a BMI score of 22 by the time I reach my 30th birthday. That gives me about a year and a half.

I’m calling it my #22by30 goal.  :)

How am I going to achieve this? Well, I’m going to start out aiming for 30 minutes of exercise 5 days a week. I’m going to make my diet more heavily veggie, protein, and fruit-based. I’m even going to eat more lettuce (which I’ve been known to jokingly call “crunchy water” … lol!). If you guys have any tips or recipes that might be helpful as I launch into this part of my journey, please type them in below!

I’m planning to check in with you guys here on my blog every month to let you know how things are going. This is definitely going to be a challenge for me.

I'd appreciate your prayers and encouragement!

No comments:

Post a Comment